Skylands DISCussion

The NY/NJ Chatting Place
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Whats the best DG shoe brand on the market?
Merrell 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
Vasque 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Salomon 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Keen 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
GoLite 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kmart/Walmart Cheapos 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Teva 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Timberland 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Columbia 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Hi-Tec 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:27 am 

So, One thing Im a bit crazed with is "whats the best shoe for disc golf?". I've owned Merrels, and they are good for a few months, then the rubber soles become unglued from the shoe, and then they fall apart. At $110+ that hurts...

Bite shoes Im told (from online reviews) also fall apart in a few weeks/months, and that company was sold to a larger manufacturer and the quality got worse...

Since I flick quite a bit Im always drilling a hole in the right inner toe part of my shoes. So I was looking at Keens since they have that mongo rubber toe guard, but all the online reviews say they also fall apart.... uggh...

And DG shoes HAVE to be waterproof, from morning dew, to tromping in mud and streams, etc.

SO, I just found these lil beasts! ( decided to start searching on trail running shoes vs. hiking shoes)
I just ordered a pair of GoLite Sky Lite Fastpacking Shoes. :-s on sale for $60 8-)

"Fastpacking" is just that, running on trails with a backpack ( Hey Dan, maybe you started this new craze?)

http://www.amazon.com/GoLite-Mens-Sky-L ... 872&sr=8-8

I'll be giving a review on these new hopeful DG dawgs after I get them, and use them for awhile.

DG Crew, whats your favorite DG shoe, and why? :-k

Last edited by jbyrd on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:44 am 

These are the best shoes i have owned so far and i have tried a lot of stuff.

http://www.sportiva.com/products/prod/345

I'm on my 2nd pair. I found them on sale for less than $100. The first pair i owned i got 2 years out of. They have a solid hard rubber single piece lug on the side that eliminates the sole from peeling off from teeing on concrete tees. They also have a very rigid solid piece Vibram sole I couldn't ever destruct. They will make your feet sweat in hot weather due to the solid leather and gore-tex. I try to wear non gore-tex when it's hot and dry out. They are the only shoe i have gotten 2 years out of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 pm 

Yar Scowshoe! So, 2 years, thats pretty damn good (great, considering how much you play!).
Im "scowering" the web (pun intended) now for online retailers (at least THIS company has a nifty online links section/retail stores. )
And since they make true rock climbing gear this looks like the real deal. Yum. =P~

From the looks of the GoLites I would think they would not breath much, even though they advertise they do... I liked the fact that the toe is mongo thick rubber reinforced, thats what originally led me to wanting them. Cripe the entire shoe is protected except for the walking crease point, which is a pretty cool design.

But, looking at the La Sportiva's they have what "looks" like somewhat heavy toe protection as well. I found them with good pix here for $90. not so shabby...
I wonder if I would drill a right shoe inside flick'in hole in these as well.. lol

La Sportiva also has mostly great online reviews.... nice

Also found the ECO model, I like the toe movement design, pretty cool...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:47 pm 

I just ordered a pair! I was due.

I went 5 years constantly buying Merrils. the good thing about them is that you can get a decent pair for 70-80 $. throw em on and you are good, not much breaking in. Solid, light. But... the goretex wears off for me in less than 3 months and the seem around the soles frays and seperates letting water right in.

I moved away from Merrils and recently have been wearing these.

http://www.garmontusa.com/881003213.html

Strong shoe, heavier than merrels but much sturdier and waterproof. (Still are after 8 months) Only drawback is that they take some time to break in, I had blisters.

Keen makes some decent shoes but not great if you beat the Sh*t out of shoes like most golfers in NE do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:53 pm 

I ordered mine from backcountry.com also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 am 

Cuts, The Garmonts look like a great rugged shoe. Looks like the rubber toe cap is pretty thick, but tough to break in eh? Maybe thats the price you gotta pay for a long lasting shoe... ? This looks like a real contender...

Edit:
Hey Pros, AMs, and RECs... share the foot knowledge!

CaptJ sayz...
Eym Ayem still shoppin fer me ped wearin privys DG deck boots fer comfy chain sharkin!
En so is thar rest O us DG varmets! Do yar care tar squander yar findings er share wit thar rest o thar crew? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:14 am 

I've been wearin the Garmonts for a while as well.

They are the best. Hands down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:29 pm 

CharliePoBoyZ wrote:
I've been wearin the Garmonts for a while as well.

They are the best. Hands down.

Agreed. I've got'em in high (3rd season) and low (2nd season). Minimal wear, even with throwing lots of forehands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:15 pm 

I use a Merrell Moab 3/4 and also have a gortex low model. I use the 3/4 just for disc golf and am on my 3rd season. They have minimial wear but have only been used about 100 times. Very comfortable and lightweight. I use the low cut one for disc as well and also as casual footware. The sole on this one is coming apart after a year use :x .

What's good for winter use? I had a Vasque pack boot I was using but it's over 10 years old and the sole has expired. I have Sorel's for the deep snow around the house but no way could play disc in them. Looking for warm, light weight, water resistant boot that I could slap a pair of gators on for a winter snow round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:25 pm 

Garmonts (same as the pic Cuts posted but in high tops) with a pair of smartwools and gaiters have gotten me through many snow filled rounds without any complaints.

I found that the high tops break in much easier than the low tops - but maybe it was just the run since I bought them a year apart. They're called the flash not the eclipse but I swear its the same shoe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:49 am 

Steve:

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-us/Product ... Waterproof

listed for $100, but you can get a $25 off coupon from Ramsey outdoor. sign up for their website, and they usually have these for winter.

They are great for wet snow, light, grippy. Only negative is that you feet might sweat. I love them for golf, i wouldt do a 8 mile hike in them, but for snow golf, they are the best for me.

Post subject: Garmonts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:23 am 

I had a pair of Garmonts that I was really happy with, too. But, after a winter round in WW with high water (couldn't avoid just trapsing right through the stream), the sole started coming off. They kept me perfectly dry that day, but it's like the water reacted to the sole adhesive. Isn't there a better adhesive to use for "waterproof" shoes?
Anyway, they were $115 at Campmor, and I was kind of disappointed, as they only lasted a little over one year. I thought maybe I should go with Merrel next time, but reading posts here, I'm concluding that any shoe under those conditions has a short lifespan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:05 pm 

I wear merrels all the time. I have had both high tops and lows, gortex and non gortex. The non gortex ones seem to last longer. I think the gortex makes the fabric of the shoe more brittle, my gortex ones never last as long and i wear them less. I usually spray my shoes with that waterproofing silicone spray for tents and shoes when i first get them. I usually get about 2 years out of them. For winter i have a nice pair of North face boots but this year i am trying something new, check them out
http://www.backcountry.com/millet-radik ... -boot-mens
I got them on steap and cheap for a steal, they seem a little stiff but hopefully they break in a little.

my discs

https://picasaweb.google.com/1005902257 ... qcyPmObGKQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 am 

Got the Sportiva's in the mail today. Great shoe, light, all the right waterproofing. Slight seperation near the toe, so, I call back coutnry, they are sending me a prepaid "UPS sticker, and Im shipping em back, ordered a new pair again, same discount. good story, great customer service from backcountry.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 pm 

Campmoor has these on sale right now for $49.99, Usually $90

"Moisture Wicking"

http://www.6pm.com/product/video-descri ... 499040.flv

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___19363

http://www.vasque.com/vasque-shoe/7578- ... yolive-oil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:33 pm 

Jack Osbourne makes a good shoe salesman. :D

Seriously though, those look and sound pretty sweet. I've got a 15 year old pair of Vasque hiking boots that are still kicking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 pm 

For $50 bucks how could you go wrong? obviously not gortex but worth a try. no way they are on sale and still carry size 9 though. i will check out the store early next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 pm 

I decided to go with the golite fastpacking shoe/boot. Just ordered them, and not a bad deal for $60.
They look like they will hold up to my shoe destroying ways.
I'll def write up a review on them, when I get them, and 6 months later....

If they dont cut it I'll be moving over to the Garmonts. From all the input they look like they will hold up well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:40 pm 

I tried out the Bite DG shoe hoping the extra rubber on the toe would make the shoe last longer as I drag my toe while throwing sidearm.
Nope they wore out just as fast or even faster than any other shoe I've tried. Glad I got them on sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:59 am 

Skulboy wrote:
I tried out the Bite DG shoe hoping the extra rubber on the toe would make the shoe last longer as I drag my toe while throwing sidearm.
Nope they wore out just as fast or even faster than any other shoe I've tried. Glad I got them on sale.

Yar, another toe driller! I also looked at Keens Targhee II. Check em out.
These look like the best DG shoe for a sidearm tosser because of the mongo thick rubber toe guard but the reviews I read said they fall apart...
except the reviews on zappos! :shock:
actually, I did find some of the same complaints about the treads falling apart. IM not happy that most stuff is made in china now....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm 

For the winter months, these are my go-to footwear.

My summer shoes are also Columbia, low top ones. 8-)

PDGA #11653-NEFA #1112
Join DisCap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:50 pm 

Just got a pair of Solomon XA Pro 3D shoes at the end of the summer. They have a strange draw string that causes the shoe to fit oddly snug and comfortable. They are super lightweight and come in gortex or non-gortex, depending on how much you want to spend. They were designed with rigorous trail running in mind, so they are quite durable. The toe is usually what wears out first and these seem to have something special going on up there.

My best pair of dg shoes by far! Beats the merrell moabs.

GorTeX: $140
no gortex: $100
http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3652121

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 pm 

jbyrd wrote:
Yar, another toe driller! I also looked at. Check em out.
These look like the best DG shoe for a sidearm tosser because of the mongo thick rubber toe guard but the reviews I read said they fall apart...
actually, I did find some of the same complaints about the treads falling apart. IM not happy that most stuff is made in china now....

That's a lot a cash for something that's known to fall apart.
Too bad, I like Keen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:11 am 

Skulboy wrote:
jbyrd wrote:
Yar, another toe driller! I also looked at. Check em out.

That's a lot a cash for something that's known to fall apart.
Too bad, I like Keen.

Agreed, that why I ordered the Go Lites, and I just got them. $60. They look like that are very well made. fully waterproof, very light, they have an adjustable insert so to size it correctly, insert has great arch support and feels right. The entire front is solid rubber with a reinforced rubber around the toe cap (on the inside, cool).
The tread are almost half between football spikes and golf shoe spikes, hope they hold up on concrete. tried them on, they fit well, seem they will need a bit O breakin time, but so far I love em. sweeeeet. :D My review will continue after the first round with these bad boyz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:43 am 

Found these LaSportiva's on sale today. Looks like a little much for a dg shoe but thats a good deal. Its on a one day deal site so they won't be there tomorrow

http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/dod.asp?&N=0

my discs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:23 pm 

njdevilsphan wrote:
Found these LaSportiva's on sale today. Looks like a little much for a dg shoe but thats a good deal. Its on a one day deal site so they won't be there tomorrow

http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/dod.asp?&N=0

These babys are real nice, and the price is fantastic
Check out the Backpackgeartest reviewon them, all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 am 

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search ... alog=shoes

some great deals here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 pm 

So, I promised I would do a review on the Fastpackers. Super well made shoe, very light, great tread, totally waterproof, but I only wore them twice cause the second time they screwed up my right ankle. Not because of a defect in the shoe, but because I broke my leg many years ago and my right anklebone sicks out more than usual. I let my nephew wear them for a round, he absolutely loved them, and he didnt have any problems with the fit. The shoe has a high rubber piece on the rear of the shoe, and the top edge of that rubber was/is the problem...So I may try to break them in, but I think my nephew will be getting them.

So my quest continues, I found myself back to the Keens, mostly because my flick shot drills a hole in all my shoes, and the keens have that mongo thick rubber toe, and are known for comfort.

Then I found these babys. The Keen Newport Trail Shoe

This shoe is the same design as the famed Keens sandals, that put Keen on the map, but its the shoe version, and waterproof, and the tread is different than the Targhee IIs, which is where most of the complaints came from in the bad reviews. (The treads fall apart in weeks). And the reviews on the Newport's are stellar, everywhere I looked.

One thing I really like about the keens is its one solid piece of toe rubber, no seems from the sole to the sides that will get ripped up on concrete. Look at the front pix of the toe, nice a round, no edges.

So Im ordering these bad boys tomorrow. I'll be back with 2 reviews on them, as in the first string.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:39 pm 

OK, Zappos delivered them.

These baby's are real nice. I ordered 1/2 size larger, most keen shoes run a bit on the small side. I put these bad ass ped protectors on and they feel like slippers. Its a mix between a sneaker and a trail boot. (actually, like I said earlier, its their sandal converted into a shoe)

Keen dry waterproof ? (I filled my bathtub with 3 inches of water and stood in the tub for 3 minutes... ) Keen dry worked just OK, my sox did get a little damp after 10 minutes. This was a drastic test, but it was the best way to check it out... so im not crazy about Keen dry.

The tread is nice, not as aggressive as the targhee IIs, but there are no tread nubs that look like they will fall off. The toe guard is way thick, its so strong you cant push it in with your finger. Its like a steel tip, made out of solid rubber, ( Ok its a Rubber tip... hehehe)and wraps around the inside to protect the shoe from us flickmeister shoe drilling hound dawgs, and they are light as a feather... Im going to keep them cause of the comfort and toe guard. Waterproof? not really, but Im not going to be standing in a puddle of water for 3 minutes on the course... well maybe I will...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:00 pm 

This is a great thread, lots of good suggestions. I've been playing in a pair of Merrell high tops but I want a light weight low cut pair of golf shoes for this summer. I was looking at the Keen Milo IIs and I like those Garmont Eclipse XCRs Cuts posted. Gunna go over to EMS this weekend and try on a few pairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:49 am 

Played a round with a Kid two weeks ago. He had the Milo II 's he said he's on his second pair in a month!, and the pair he had on the sole was ripping off of them in 2 weeks.

my discs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:52 am 

njdevilsphan wrote:
Played a round with a Kid two weeks ago. He had the Milo II 's he said he's on his second pair in a month!, and the pair he had on the sole was ripping off of them in 2 weeks.

Thats pretty terrible, especially for a shoe that is suppose to be specifically designed for disc golf. I would hope Keen replaced them at no charge. Guess I'll be wary of those, the Garmonts look pretty sweet I might just have to give them a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:06 pm 

I recently went to check out the Garmont Sportiva's, the toe guard is really strong, and I'm gonna pick up a pair, really nice shoe.

On the other hand the Keen Newport Trail shoes I just bought dont fit well ( I broke my leg many years ago and my ankle bone sticks out a bit, and the top of the shoe rubs against it... :( )
I already wore them twice, SO I cant return them. #-o

They are $100 pair of shoes in perfect shape that Im now gonna sell. Size 11.5
The first person who wants them can have them for $60. send me a PM if interested.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:41 pm 

The quest never stops... But I may have found the best disc golf shoe.

Hello Patagonia Drifter
http://www.zappos.com/patagonia-drifter ... ndle-brown

Vibram Soles. Waterproof (If you want it). Aggressive Tread. Full wrap around rubber toe guard.
Leather tops OR Breathable tops... your choice. Waterproof (If you want it).... Uhh I guess I said that already...
Gore-tex or non Gore-tex, your choice.
Low Cut style.
what else can you ask for? How many choices are possible?
What ELSE do you want!
ahhh of course... good reviews.
Yep.
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/patagoni ... -gore-tex/

Aye like these terms aye do.... A lil pricy, but hey, good stuff costs more...
Aye ordered a pair O 11.5.., but had to return em, becaues they are "TRUE TO SIZE"
So my 11s will be on my feet very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:52 am 

Got a great deal on Merrells back in March. Clearance of the 2010 models. Moab Mids, waterproof. $85

It's now Sept and the right toe rubber is starting to peel. Fabric at the toe joint(where is folds on every step) is nearly blown out and thats the main spot where water now gets in. More than half the tread is left. :x

Those BugaBoot models I posted pictures of last Sept?? Still totally waterproof and warm. About half the tread left. If I see any of last years' on clearance, I'll be scooping them up.

I'm going back to Columbia shoes for the summer months. $75 and i get to wear the tread out before the upper falls apart.

PDGA #11653-NEFA #1112
Join DisCap!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm 

[quote="CaptainAnhyzer"]Got a great deal on Merrells back in March. Clearance of the 2010 models. Moab Mids, waterproof. $85

If you only read my post of 9/15/10...O well. I had the same problem. The 3/4's are still going strong.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:52 pm 

The Patagonia Leather drifters did well on the maiden voyage. Completed the 18 holes for the recent monthly without blisters or issues.
Then I worked in the swamps of Animal 12 Blue.... oooohhh, you say, well that was 2 to 3 inches of mud and water for 2 hours... I trudged around like I had fire boots on...
my dogs remand totally dry. Not a drop O water. I then power hosed them off another 2 hours later while wearing them, then drove home, and still no water inside, not a drop.
Waterproof = yes
comfort: Very comfortable on day one, there were a few break-in spots, but its a full leather shoe, so a least one day is expected.
Traction: excellent, very

more stuff to report in a few weeks...

Whats your take on your DG ped protectors? ahh :?:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 pm 

Thanks J-Byrd!! The Drifter is an Incredible All Terrain-Mountain Biking-Hiking, and of Course Disc Golf Shoe. Just got a pair of 14's from Zappos. They are far superior to my Merrells in every way. The traction is far superior-the comfort + snugness are great. The Drifter is what I thought the Merrells would be like.

I was leaning toward the Garmonts-but after you posted about the Drifter-I was instantly impressed, and knew that was the shoe!! THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:27 pm 

Scoontar wrote:
Thanks J-Byrd!! The Drifter is an Incredible All Terrain-Mountain Biking-Hiking, and of Course Disc Golf Shoe. Just got a pair of 14's from Zappos. They are far superior to my Merrells in every way. The traction is far superior-the comfort + snugness are great. The Drifter is what I thought the Merrells would be like.

I was leaning toward the Garmonts-but after you posted about the Drifter-I was instantly impressed, and knew that was the shoe!! THANK YOU!!

Now this is huge, this is the precise reason I started this string, for information for others to benefit by. very very nice. Also google search picks it up on the second page of returned links! nice. Scoontar, glad you love the Drifters, I hope they fair well on the long haul.... I think they will. Post back in 6 months with some info on how you like them, I plan on doing the same. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:01 am 

So its been a few months now, and the Drifters are still rocking strong. Still totally waterproof and comfortable. No tread wear to speak of. On the right shoe there is a slight separation (maybe an 1/8 of an inch deep if that much) between the rubber toe guard and the leather tops where I usually drill a hole in all my DG shoes, but its still solid after months of flick shots on dirt, stone dust, and concrete tees. I'm gonna put a thin bead of shoe goo on that small spot to re-seal the toe guard to the leather top. This spot is only 1/2 long. The rest of the rubber toe and heel guard is solid with no separation anywhere. With past shoes I would have already drilled a hole through the shoe by now. I'm also thinking I should film my drive to see why Im doing this in the first place... duh... #-o and try to correct it. At least for now its working better that any other shoe I used. The traction is great on these Vibram sole bad boys. So far so good... Scoontar, how are yours holding up? Inquiring DG shoe crazed folks want to know.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:36 pm 

Just got a pair of Tim Tebow kicks. talk about water proof, you can walk on water. an added benifit is its a great baking shoe and better then any fishing shoe out there. toe lasts forever while kneeling in prayer and the perfect shoe for that hail mary putt over the 8 ft tall shule. KEEPTHEFAITH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 am 

roach wrote:
Just got a pair of Tim Tebow kicks. talk about water proof, you can walk on water. an added benifit is its a great baking shoe and better then any fishing shoe out there. toe lasts forever while kneeling in prayer and the perfect shoe for that hail mary putt over the 8 ft tall shule. KEEPTHEFAITH

Priceless! I need a pair!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 pm 

It's been a little over 4 months and I still Love the Patagonia Drifter. Everything has held up to this point.

I work at a Ski Resort during the Winter, I'm walking on snow a lot-I need great traction. I normally wear a waterproof Columbia Hiking Boot. I tried wearing my Merrells last year, but the traction on hard packed snow was non existent. This year with the Drifter I am able to walk with great traction. The lightness and comfort over the Hiking Book, make it a desirable choice for walking. LOVE the DRIFTER!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:26 am 

I just found the summer version of the Patagonia Drifters..... can you say cool? 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:53 am 

My 2 year old son just got his first pair of Keens. Future disc golfer in the making, look out Grayden and James, Matthew is coming for you guys!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm 

roach wrote:
Just got a pair of Tim Tebow kicks. talk about water proof, you can walk on water.

I'm disappointed in you roach.... next time check your resources...

Tim Tebow Shoes [-X hehehe.... Life Preserver Please!

I just purchased the breathable A/Cs gore-tex versions of the Drifters. My leather ones are starting to show signs of wear (after a year of beating the hell out of them) but are STILL waterproof and still have plenty of tread and life in them. By far the best DG shoe I have ever owned. Patagonia also makes a fully vented version ( totally NOT waterproof) so the choices are many for these DG deck walkers. I'll be picking up a pair of them for next summer. Uhh, they did go up in price quite a bit...

http://www.patagonia.com/us/search/drifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:31 am 

Update: After a morning dew round at Animalfest with the new "breathable gortex" drifter they did get a bit wet on the inside in the toe area. Not a ton, but enough to change shoes inbetween rounds. Not so happy about that, because that's why I bought them. Traction is great, its the same sole. I have yet to find a DG shoe thats breathable, and waterproof. Once these wear out I'll be going back to the leather/gortex versions... those are truly waterproof but a bit warm in the summer months. Its def nice to have 2 pairs of shoes during tournaments. Also see quite a few folks out there with gortex socks, maybe thats a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:52 pm 

I didn't see North Face mentioned anywhere, by far my favorite for disc golf. I've had 20+ pairs over the past 15 years. If they wear out, you can send em back to the factory for a new pair. A service I regrettably under use, but I've got a couple replacements out of them. You can also buy your shoes at REI and cash in on their no-questions-asked replacement policy too...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:14 pm 

A Bee wrote:
I didn't see North Face mentioned anywhere, by far my favorite for disc golf. I've had 20+ pairs over the past 15 years. If they wear out, you can send em back to the factory for a new pair. A service I regrettably under use, but I've got a couple replacements out of them. You can also buy your shoes at REI and cash in on their no-questions-asked replacement policy too...

Good Point A Bee! I just did a quick search and found the The North Face Men's Ultra 106 GTX XCR. For $110 and lifetime replacement? Uhhh, that's pretty damn good deal. :-k

Or these look pretty good.... http://www.zappos.com/the-north-face-me ... tnf-yellow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:51 am 

I currently play in a pair of North Face Havoc GTX XCR. I love them. Not too heavy, solid grip.. Have walked through streams and feet are always dry. These are my second pair of North Face shoes. First pair was not as durable and I tore through them. North Face issued me a full price credit.

I have never worn any other brand so I don't have much to compare to. With that being said, I am very happy with these shoes.